Hand-pieced Sampler

Hand-pieced Sampler

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The top for the butterfly quilt is finished!  I added legs and feelers to the butterfly and a stem for the flower bud this evening.


I used a stem stitch with two strands of floss for the butterfly appendages, the same gray as the markings.


 I used one strand of gray and one strand of green in the needle for the grass.  The little star flowers were three strands of white with an iridescent purple bead in the middle of each one.


Now it's time to quilt!  I'll be making parallel diagonal lines, all running from the upper right to the lower left to suggest rain.  At the moment, I'm thinking of making them 1 inch apart, but I may go closer.  I'll add iridescent navy blue beads to the rain lines and have some clear "raindrops hanging from the butterfly and possibly the flowers and leaves.

I really do think I'll get this finished for the April challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment